The motion will encourage legislation that would criminalize speech deemed "islamophobic" and lay the groundwork for imposing what is essentially a Sharia anti-blasphemy law on all of Canada.
If that happens, criticism of Islam would constitute a speech crime in Canada.
This motion uses the term "islamophobia" without defining it, and without substantiating that there is in fact any such widespread problem in Canada.
This will lead to ideologically-driven overreach and enforcement against alternative points of view—including mature, reasoned criticisms of Islam.
If this motion passes and legislation is enacted:
- Criticism of the treatment of women in Islamic-majority Middle Eastern countries could be criminalized;
- It could be a punishable offense to speak out against the Mustlim Brotherhood, or to denounce radical Imams who want to enact Sharia law in Canada;
- Criticism or depiction of Muhammad could be punishable by law;
- Schools that teach the history of Islam's violent conquests could be fined—or worse.
Furthermore, Motion M-103 addresses a particular religion to the government's special consideration, while ignoring hostility toward other religions, such as Christianity or Judaism.
Although the Motion is titled “Systemic racism and religious discrimination,” it never once mentions anti-semitism, or discrimination against Christians and other religious groups. That's ironic, since data shows that the majority of Canada's hate crimes are anti-semitic, not anti-Islamic!
Passing this resolution would demonstrate a clear and impermissible governmental preference for Islam over other faiths.
So far, all parties have indicated unanimous support for the bill. We face an uphill battle, but it's imperative that our government understands that we oppose this motion.
Sign the petition immediately to send a message to MPs and party leaders, asking them to drop support for M-103!
- Text of Motion 103
- Toronto Sun: Canada's so-called anti-Islamophobia motion is nothing but trouble
- LifeSiteNews: Canada on verge of passing ominous anti-'Islamophobia' motion
- National Post: How long until my honest criticism of Islamism constitutes a speech crime in Canada?
- Rebel Media: Freedom to Offend: Support free speech, not sharia!
- EverdayForLife: Motion 103 is another death blow to Canada's freedom of speech
- Modern Day Trojan Horse: The Islamic Doctrine of Immigration (The Hijra)
- From the article: "Hijra is immigration designed to subvert and subdue non-Muslim societies and pave the way for eventual, total Islamization."
Sign this petition now!